Rules and Regulations
- Entries will be accepted from August 1st through August 31st, 2021.
- Any photograph received after August 31, 2021, 11:59 PM will not be considered for the competition.
- There is no fee to enter the contest and it is open to all photographers.
- Photographs must be or have been taken in the Sandhills region of north-central Nebraska (Cherry County).
- If the participant is under 18 years of age, a parental signature must be provided on the submission form online or the photo will be invalid.
- The participant is allowed to submit one photo per category.
- The participant is not required to submit a photo to each category to be entered to win.
- The photograph should depict the theme of the category it was submitted under:
- Earth: Plants, Animals, Landscapes, Outdoor Recreation, etc.
- Water: Rivers, Lakes, Waterfalls, Rain, Water Recreation, etc.
- Fire: Stars, Lights, Campfire, Sunrise/Sunsets, etc.
- The photograph must be original and no watermarks, signature, or name of any kind should be on the photograph.
- Participants may submit color and/or black and white photographs taken up to five years before the start of the competition (August 1st, 2021).
- The photograph can be in Landscape/Portrait mode.
- Adult content of any kind will not be entertained and will lead to direct disqualification.
- If there are identifiable people in the photo and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photo.
- Photos and submission information must be submitted via the official submission form found online at www.visitivalentine.org
- Photos must be submitted as a digital file as hard copies or emailed photographs will not be accepted.
- A title must be given for the photograph.
- Judges cannot participate in this competition.
Details of Submission Form
Photographs must be submitted to visitvalentine.org on or before August 31, 2021 @ 11:59 PM with the following details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Minor Release Form for Participants under 18 years of age
- Residential City (Address and Zip Code)
- Title of the Photograph
- Selection of Category (Earth, Wind, Fire)
- Photograph submitted as JPEG (.jpg)
Digital Image Submission Requirements
- Photographs should be submitted in JPEG (.jpg) format at high-resolution with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- No RAW images or TIFF images will be accepted.
- There is no official limit on the file size for entries as long as the image is no more than 5,000 pixels in its wider dimension.
Agreement to Terms: Photo Release
Before submitting a photo into the competition, the photographer will have to agree to the following photo release terms:
“By checking this box, you agree to abide by all contest rules and regulations. You certify that
your photo submission is your own creative property and that you allow Cherry County Tourism,
Economic Development, and Chamber of Commerce to use your submission on all of its platforms.”
- If a participant’s photo is used by Cherry County Tourism, Economic Development, and/or Chamber of Commerce their name will be alongside the published photo for recognition of their work.
- First, second, and third place prizes will be awarded for each of the three categories.
- First Place Winners: $100 in Valentine Chamber Bucks
- Second Place Winners : $75 in Valentine Chamber Bucks
- Third Place Winners: $50 in Valentine Chamber Bucks
- The top two minors (those under the age of 18) with the highest total score will each win $25 if not already in the top three. If a participant who is a minor places in the top three of a specific category the next two highest scoring minors in that category will win $25 each.
- $25 in Valentine Chamber Bucks will be award to the top two minors in each of the three categories.
- “Best in Show” will be awarded to the photographer with either the overall highest total score or in the event of a tie will go off to a public vote on Facebook. In the event of a public vote on Facebook, the photo with the most likes in 72 hours will be awarded $100 in Valentine Chamber Bucks.
- “Best in Show” will be awarded $100 in Valentine Chamber Bucks.